Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Slashdot Discussion with Martin Taylor

There is a very interesting discussion on Slashdot with Microsoft's Martin Taylor that I recommend reading. It is always good to hear from Martin Taylor, as the politically correct spokesman for Microsoft. I don't agree with everything that he says, but he does speak well with the information that he has. While reading this article, it helps me become less biased and see the idiocy of trying to use or avoid a specific vendor for emotional reasons. The most valuable IT person will be the one who knows how to analyze a situation and use the best tool for the job. I don't want to be a Linux or Windows expert, I want to be a security expert who knows how to use Windows or Linux and make either of them as secure as they need to be for the situation at hand. On another note, the Linux professionals that Martin talks about get paid a lot more than the Windows professionals, which tells me that if I want to get paid more I don't need to work on becoming a Windows expert as much as I should just continue with my Linux/Unix skill-set.

No comments: