Monday, February 19, 2007

Trouble with Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Macromedia Flashplayer 9

Ever since I upgraded the flashplayer on my Windows XP SP2 laptop to version 9 it has not worked. I found that I had an extension that conflicted with the Flash player (not sure to what extent) and I had to remove that extension to get it to work.

Notice: AdBlock conflicts with Macromedia Flash 9 when using Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1 and I removed the appropriate directory in the extensions directory to resolve the issue.

My directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\.default\extensions

My verification test is to visit http://www.adobe.com/ and watch for the video in the top section of the page. With the adblock extension installed, that video remained blank.

No comments: