After the Bebo.com episode a few days ago, I reported it to email@example.com. This morning I received an automated reply stating that I need to send a hotmail addressed email to them. They are evidently not the right people to be notifying about the scandal that Bebo.com is running. The email is as follows:
This is an auto-generated response designed to answer your question as quickly as possible. Please note that you will not receive a reply if you respond directly to this message.
Unfortunately, we cannot take action on the mail you sent us because it does not reference a Hotmail account. Please send us another message that contains the full Hotmail e-mail address and the full e-mail message to:
>>>>>> To forward mail with full headers
1. Click "Options" to the right of the "Contacts" tab. The "Options" page appears.
2. Under "Additional Options", click "Mail Display Settings". The "Mail Display Settings" page appears.
3. Under "Message Headers", select "Full" and click "OK".
4. Forward the resulting mail to:
Using MSN Explorer:
1. Open the message, and then click "More" in the upper right corner.
2. Click "Message Source". The message opens in a new window with all the header information visible.
3. Copy all the text and paste it into a new message. Send this message to:
Using Outlook Express or Outlook:
1. On the unopened mail, place your cursor over the mail, right-click, and click "Options".
2. Under "Internet headers", copy the contents of the full header.
3. Open the e-mail in question and forward a complete copy of the message, including the full message header you copied at the beginning of your message, to:
If you're not a Hotmail member, consult the Help associated with your e-mail program to determine how to view complete header information. Then forward the message to:
If the unsolicited junk e-mail or "spam" comes from a non-Hotmail account, you can send a complaint to the service provider that sent the mail. Make sure that you include full headers when you send your complaint.
In the full header, look at the last "Received" notation to locate what .com domain it came from. It looks something like:
[service provider domain name].com
Forward a complete copy of the message, including the full message header, to:
abuse@[service provider domain name].com
If the domain does not have an abuse service, forward your complaint to:
webmaster@[service provider domain name].com
Thank you for helping us enforce our TOU.